Universal Design in Health Care Institutions Manual
The publication offers guidelines for creating accessible, comfortable, and safe environments and services for clients in healthcare facilities according to the Principles of Universal Design.
Being human-centered, Universal Design allows for medical facility:
- policy-making that considers human diversity, acknowledges the needs and abilities of different users;
- promotes equality and high-quality service for all;
- encourages the use of new technology, equipment, and approaches to accessible facilities planning.
This manual will be useful for:
- health care facilities managers;
- members of non-governmental organizations;
- everyone who is interested in Universal Design and strives to live in a society that acknowledges the interests of different people, leaving no one behind.
Authors: Larysa Baida, Olena Ivanova
Translation from Ukrainian: Maria Konova
The authors would like to express particular gratitude to: Mackenzie Wilson, Mariia Nedilko, Maryna Lebid, and Olha Khomenko.
The description of international experience was prepared with the support of the UNDP Project ‘Procurement Support Services to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine’.
The views, conclusions and recommendations are those of the authors and editors of this edition and may not coincide with the official position of UNDP or partner organizations.